document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Sharon's on my mind??


Sharon Stroud my favorite quilt teacher is on my mind tonight as she has promised she will blog post every day in July?????? I always enjoy her posts and she always has neat pictures--and she is really the responsible for me being on here--so I hope you will pay her a visit--and would you believe her title on the post is "Sharon is out of her Mind???" she is over in one of my blog lists and there is a link there to get to her post--leave her a comment that I sent you--so she will be nice to me at the next class--wellllll- I mean "nicer" and maybe she will let me have 2 cups of the M&M's!!!!

Today was busy--I actually had to do some of that ugly word today---housework---this morning, then went down and got Mary her special tea and visited. Then came home and prep acouple blocks to start--block #6 of Shabby Roses, V.Views block #6 and one I got from the Minnesota blog hop--a tree branch with a bird!!!!
Shabby roses #5:
Shabby roses #4:

After lunch I had to walk over to the bank to deposit a check--and guess where my legs took me when I came out????? Yep--right across the street to the Quilt shop--and I did walk out with a lighter bank account!!! And here is the things that just had to come home with me---
I did not realize that their is applique patterns in this book for the blocks and for all the patterns within it--thought it just went with the panels that you can also buy--only problem I discovered is that the patterns are all in reverse for me--they are cause most people fuse applique--not me I have to be different and do needle turn--so that means I have to "turn" all the pattern sheets around and trace them from the backs!!!!!
The pattern is hard to see here--but it is a red cardinal sitting on top of a pine tree and they used this charm pack to make it--I am going to us the charm pack, but will change some of the colors--I know leave to me to be different!!!
NOW don't tell Sharon I bought this kit to learn paper piecing when she has taught me how to do hand piecing--and it was probably crazy of me--but "mom" everybody is doing it now--it's the newest thing here--and I don't want to be left behind, sooooo------
And of course there is always some basic supplies one must be needing--I was all out of stuffing, and even though I only use it occasionally I like to have it on hand--and then I am nearly out of the Best Press for ironing--am going to try the Cherry scented this time--by the way--they have an unscented--but guess what--it still has a strong scent for me and it bothered me--so let's try the Cherry????

Well, fellow bloggers--no one is getting any sewing done--so I must go and do some--Take care til tomorrow and don't forget to check out Sharon's site--hugs, just, Di

1 comment:

Anne-Lise at Rag, Tag, Bobtail said...

You do like lining up work! But the patterns look cute. I daren't approach a crafts shop til I get something finished ...