document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Thursday, September 17, 2009

A WINNER!!!!

When I went down and made my friend, Mary's tea this morning I had her pick the winning name for the Schnibbles contest---
And my winner is Janelle---Happy Day to you--Janelle of Janelles Joy---I still have your address from the christmas challenge Joy--soooo--keep an eye on the post!!!!!

I am excited tonight that my Winter White quilt top is nearly done--just have the last border to cut and sew on it--I did redo one of the colors of black flying geese--and picked up a different one today to go there--and later I did rip out 2 corner blocks and replace them with a different color--but am pleased with the out come so far!!!!!
Here is my last embroidery block for the Christmas wish blocks--OPPPS!!!!! Guess me forgot to take a picture of it--tomorrow---here is a picture of the geese that I changed my mind on---now you ask what am I going to do with these geese????  I will keep them with the fabric I have in this line and will use them then!!!!

I did take some time today and as it was a beautiful fall day here in New York--we walked over town--went to the bank--a thrift store (would you believe neither of us bought anything?????) ate lunch at a Pizza place and then stopped at our favorite Country shop--it was a delightful outing--and here is some treasures that we saw====
Here's a mushroom--it looks like a birdbath yard ornament!!!!
It really is pretty -- the sides are so lacey in a way===
ONE perfect rose===
Some old style roses still in bloom==
And I am not sure what these bushes were---except pretty+++

Well--that;s all for today--bloggers--see ya tomorrow--Hugs, Di

5 comments:

Carrie P. said...

Congrats to Janelle.
Great photos of your walk.

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

Congratulations Janelle! I don't know why, but I love to look at mushrooms when out walking.

Tammy said...

Lovely pics Di and congrats to the winner :-)

Joy McD said...

Lovely photos Di, and congrats to the winner!
lv,
Joy

Janelle said...

Hi Di
I've just been catching up on my blog reading after being away on holidays and discovered I'm a winner! Thanks for the give-away!