document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

ARE WE READY FOR-----



YEP--TOMORROW IS------"CHOCOLATE CAKE DAY"!!!!!!

OH--DEAR---IT'S A GOOD THING--I HAVE SOME MORE!!!!




So have some fun and bake a chocolate cake today!!!!



WELL---I am either "one" month late---or--"eleven" months early----
But here is a finish---

My Christmas Wish--bom by Gail Pam is all finished==

I hand quilted a feather type design down each column--in a multi colored thread of red/green/white--


I hand quilted around each of the letters going around the outside of the letter--in an off white thread---


and then I added a bow and a button at the top of each square--which makes it look like a package--I think!!!!



My girl-friend, Anne. came today for our quilting time--then we did go out for lunch--we each had some homemade soup today!!!



then spent the rest of the day hand quilting on Maddy and working on a couple projects--so kept busy!!!


What did you do today??????



HUGS, DI&CO.

7 comments:

Val said...

Not as much as you did. That is for sure. Your quilt is beautiful. I do have a chocolate cake made though. I made it yesterday! Yummy.

I Purr-Furr to Craft said...

better late than never, No crafting for me today, hired a carpet cleaner. Moving furniture and washing carpets.
Tiring but worth it.

Joy McD said...

You've done well with the quilting! I can't believe you did it all by hand! I'm so impressed :)

Cindy said...

Actually, you're not either, you're "right on time". It's so pretty, Di.

As I have gotten to know through your fun blog, I read that you have alot of friends who you spend time with. You are a SEW-CIAL women who I enjoy SEW much.

Phyllis said...

hmmm - I think I'll substitue a yellow cake with chocolate frosting (my fave)

Thanks for letting me know I needed to bake (needed to justify that!)

alice said...

If I bring some more cake can I come over and you teach me how to hand quilt. It looks gorgeous.

andsewon said...

Well I got some stuff done but not like you!!!
The GP quilt is so pretty. Yes you are 12 mths early!!! You go gal!
No chocolate cake here..would love it if I could eat it..maybe soon.
Now back to 'paper work'..ugh.. I know should be sewing!
Hugs,
Lola