document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Friday, June 11, 2010

HELP!!!!! LET US OUT OF HERE!!!!

NO---NO---Please don't add any more to "us"--we are getting really "crushed" and "squashed" in here and it is getting real hard to breathe in here--the air is "not" fresh that is for sure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Can you tell I did not do the Laundry again today???????

But---I got to sew all day in my new (sorta new--still needs some work--but????)
Sewing room----and this is what came out at 6 pm this evening---
Miss "B" is soooo excited--she said to tell you that there is "rewards" for being kind to others--she now has a quilt of her very own and this one is bigger and warmer than Miss Dolly's!!!!!
Yep--got the State Fair--Schnibbles for this month all done--now I hope to get it basted and hand quilted by July 1st!!!!!   I used Swanky by Chez Moi for Moda for this one---I do love the colors and how it all came out--and talk about a easy block and pattern--I can see me using this one again!!!!  (though I have to say I have enjoyed each one we have done so far and wouldn't mind making each one over again!!!)
I also got to listen to the birds sing all day--they love the trees right outside my window and the ironing board and sewing machine are right there!!!!

Mail Call---again---
got this fabric order in--
These two out of the order I am keeping--the little bear just might make a cute backing on one of the new doll quilts---and the large black and white plaid will probably be a table cloth for the new dinning room!!!
this pile I got for my friend Anne for her baby and hospice quilts---the two on the bottom row are panels--Anne stopped by for a minute today so I was able to give them to her already!!!
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
When I went to do a quilt design on the doll quilt I could find only one small enough that I had--and stencils are hard to find in the quilt shops around here--so Kathleen Tracy had told of a Stencil place where we could order small block stencils from--so I looked it up---Unfortunately their shipping was really high--plus it is here in NY so that meant I had to pay sales tax on the order--that all came to too much--so I goggled stencils and found this company-
They were very quick in getting the order out--their shipping was the lowest of the companys I found --they have a nice selection of all sizes and alot of the ones I wanted were on sale--sooooo---
 
I ordered some--Here is one of the 2" stencils--there is 6 designs on this sheet for $1.69--yep--only $1.69!!!!  You can not beat that--I don't think!!!!   I got a nice selection of 2" and 3" ones and a couple border ones and one large 7" one that I just liked---gotta always order something just for fun---OH--and they are made in the USA!!
So go stencil shopping this week end in your PJ's!!!!!!

Well you all have a great week end and have some fun toooooo!!!!!
Hugs, Di

6 comments:

Alice said...

Very, very pretty!If speed quilting was a sport I think you would win the gold.L,A-

Anne-Lise at Rag, Tag, Bobtail said...

Love Miss B's new quilt. She is so lucky.

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

Your State Fair looks great! This was such an easy pattern to work on this month. It went nice and fast.

I thought the black and white fabric was a table cloth lol.

Joy McD said...

Wow, love the templates :) They will keep you busy!! And I love Miss B's quilt too :) So cute!
lv,
Joy

luv2quilt2 said...

I have shopped in my pjs today, and found just the border stencil I need.

Abby and Stephanie said...

Great quilt. I love Swanky.