document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

WOW---ANOTHER WORK DAY!!!!

I can't believe it--
but I got another full work day in--
In the sewing room--
and 'no' traumatic' events--either!!!!
Last evening I did the binding done on this quilt---
so another ufo gets off the 'to do' list---yes!!!!!

and I got this one all basted--
so this is off the table--
but now this one is on the table--

oppps----that is one that I have only showed you parts of and I can't find a picture of it in my file right now--sorry--all I can say --is---it's on the table!!!!!

Now today after a trip to Walmart for a couple groceries--
I worked on quilt backings--
got the backing ready for one of my "pink and green" quilts--
and then I did the backing to this one--
Now both of these pink and green quilts are about 65 x 54-65"--
so you either have to buy the large backings or you have to piece--
discovered that with the large backings it would cost me about $25 each--
did not like that--and there is alot of fabric there in my drawers--
so I pieced--that first one--is only 2 different pieces--
but---
the backing for this one--
well--that 'Di'  just might of gotten carried away--
here it is--
Yep--wild and loud----
I figured I can only use just soooo many quilts--so I needed to double them up--
I would put one on front and one on the back--I will now have a reversible quilt--
so which side to you go by for the quilting????
I will still go with the pink and green side!!!!

I have one more larger quilt--but not as large as the two pink and green ones that I want to get a backing pieced for--then get these three hand basted and I will be one happy camper!!!!

Only--it will be a challenge--
as the month of May is filling up fast with all kinds of appointments--
I guess I can not complain--
I have  had a slow winter---
so watch out world Di will be out and about in May!!!!!!!!!
PS--they have us under 'bad storm warnings and tornado's"--
we don't get tornado's--so this is scary tonight!!!

8 comments:

sunny said...

The back of your quilt is adorable! I've pieced a few backs, because I just don't want to go buy any more fabric - and they've turned out cute! I wish I could get as much work done in a week as you do in a day. :-)

Raewyn said...

Pieced backings are so much fun and add an interesting aspect to the quilt. I love that Quilting Diva (is that what it is?) fabric - so much fun!!

Maria said...

Well done Di.
Just love the backing fabric too.

Hope the Tornado stays away and you keep safe.

Anne-Lise at Rag, Tag, Bobtail said...

The backing fabric is so cute! And the pink and green is lovely.
Hope the bad weather passed you by.
hugs.

Merilyn said...

I love that backing fabric Di! What a great idea to have two quilts in one, depending on your mood I guess!!! I have heard about all the terrible weather you guys have been having and loss of life, I sure hope you are not in the storm's path.

Michelle said...

WOW! What a post!

Linda in Calif. said...

Hi Di, I'm catching up on reading your blog after being away for over a week. All these quilts are so pretty - I do like the quilting ladies' fabric. What you need is one of those gas masks that the men in white wear - then you'ld be set! LOL!! And Gracies' stash is so funny! I bet you all did have a good laugh over that!

Jen said...

I love that pink quilt. Is that from the Jelly Roll Quilt Along? I usually piece my backings too. Unless I stuble on a large piece of free fabric: old sheets, old blankets, whatever is free. I bought backing once, when I first started quilting and will never do it again. It easily double a very expensive quilt. Besides, that fabric lady quilt is adorable!