document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Thursday, August 4, 2011

O KAY--HERE'S THE SCOOP!!!

First--

I am 'naughty' because I did not tell you something a while back!!!

I decided a couple months ago -- to--
No silly's--not get married--heaven's no--

living with a cat is enough for me!!!!
but I decided to take the summer months off--
off from sewing and Quilting--

I have quilted for 12 years nearly non-stop--literally!!!
so I wanted to just "chill" some for a couple months--
but that did not mean from the buying end--that is too much fun!!!!


and I will give you '3' guess's what I did decide to do with my time???
No--not laying around at the beach--

No--not jet-setting around the world--

Just learning to Knit--the right way!!!!

and you have been seeing the projects from that adventure!!!!
And I still have a month to go on my non-sewing vacation!!!

And this will be another shawl--
I know a couple of you said that you liked the colors in it--
guess what????
I do not---!!!!!!!
I do love the yarn and working with it--
but really don't like the colors all together in this one--
maybe there is too many in it for me--not sure--
so this will become a  'gift' more than likely--
so watch out--you just never know who I will put on my Christmas list!!!!


Now--
I have no way of saying how I feel about this--
but the man who hit Harold is not even being given a single ticket--
they are trying to say that it was Harolds fault--and that the driver of the truck went in search of a phone and that he did return to the scene!!!  that is not what Harolds family is saying---
but I was not there--so personally I do not know--but I can tell you that the 'whole' town doesn't believe the drivers story--sooooo!!! we will just have to wait and see how this comes out!!!!


So keep the light on--
and tell someone today that you 'appreciate' them!!!
Hugs, Di and Miss Gracie

6 comments:

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Sometimes it's just nice to learn something new and have a change. You're doing a wonderful job knitting sweets!
xx, shell

sunny said...

I had noticed that you were doing a lot of knitting, but I didn't realize that you had sworn off sewing and quilting. You're doing a great job, so juest keep on enjoying what you're doing!

Wendy said...

Your shawl is going to be beautiful when finished......

Merilyn said...

While I was reading your post very slowly to get every word, I had an ugly moment when I thought you may be wanting a rest from posting! whew!!, it's only from sewing, that's ok then!!!! You can knit to your hearts' content! I started knitting when I was 10 and have knitted all my life! It is very relaxing and I look forward to seeing your projects!!!

Wilma Lee said...

That's funny. When I retired last December, my first goal was to learn to knit socks!!! So I took a class. I have 2 socks finished, but each in different yarn, and am about 2.3 of the way on another sock so I will have a pair by winter, I hope!! I will say something, the folks in a knitting class are not nearly as much fun as those in a quilting class!

Carol said...

Congrats to you, Di, learning how to knit so many patterns and such! You have done a wonderful job with your various projects. I'm sorry you're not in love with your new shawl, but it really is pretty! Someone will be very lucky to receive it if you indeed can't love it yourself. lol

I'm hoping the guy who hit your friend gets what he deserves. That's awful!

Carol (NJ)