document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Friday, November 25, 2011

WHILE EVERYONE WAS OUT SPENDING MONEY---

I was working hard here at home and never spent even a thin dime!!!!
Not even on the Internet!!!!!



Last night before I went to bed and then again in the middle night when I was up for awhile--
I got 2 more little mittens knitted up--
these two do fit the wood key chain--
but my favorite is still that little 'blue' one!!!



And --
are you ready--
I got another 'ufo' finished--
this is the new one to go with the new set of wall hangings for outside my apartment door--
I made another one last year--and donated it to the Library--
then I missed it so did one for me--but it did not get hand quilted until this year!!!!


And while I was in the sewing room sewing on the binding for Sunbonnet Sue, here, I also got two other quilts ready to hand quilt--
the first one is one I did a month or so ago--
with one of the new Christmas lines for this year--
I have only 'pinned' it--
will try to quilt it that way--but If I have problems I will baste it and get rid of the pins!!!!


And I got this one 'pinned'--
remember this one--it has taken me two Christmas seasons to do all the work on the top--
lots of hand applique on this one--it may take all month to just do the hand quilting on this one!!!!

Now for some more Turkey news--
these 'Turkeys' grow on you--so be careful--
Here is the pattern--
the main tail feather on the turkey and on the leaf--take a new E.B.'s ruler--
but everything went well with making the blocks--except for the color choices of fabric and that is my problem at times--colors!!
Well remember I did get one all done yesterday--
I kept looking at him and the more I looked at him--
the more I fell in love with him--


so while the threads for the applique pieces where still out--
I did the second one!!!
Still not sure how I want to finish them off--
but--I have decided they will be put away until next year--
and who knows--maybe there will be babies next fall when I get them out!!!!!!!!


And here is how 'wore out' Miss Gracie got today just watching me--
Welllllll--she did chase my 'toes' under the bed where I was pinning the quilt tops and she did follow me from room to room to keep an eye on me--
I mean -- she would not want to miss anything!!!!


Don't forget to get alittle 'extra' rest this week end--
cause from then on it is 'full steam' ahead for the next holiday!!!!!
Hugs, Di and her ball of fur!!!!

6 comments:

sunny said...

Not one thin dime? Not even on the internet? Now that's some kind of willpower. Actually, I can say the same thing. I stayed home and sewed all day. Have to get those international gifts ready to mail! Glad you got a lot done, too!

Merilyn said...

Love the door hanging quilt! A very nice idea!!! You have been rather industrious, and that Miss Gracie is just plain tuckered out LOL!!! My goodness she looks so comfy on that quilt!!!! I wasn't so good on your Black Friday, did buy 4 quilting books from Martingale, they are having a 50% off sale. One is for a friend,...that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it LOL!!.....

KaHolly said...

Oh my goodness, you WERE busy!! Love it all. I didn't go shopping either, but stayed home and sewed my day away, as well, taking care of a few gifts for the little ones! I'm loving that turkey block!!

Carol said...

Di, you have outdone yourself! I really adore those turkey blocks. So cute! And I hope you take a picture of the Christmas decoration for your door when you hang it. It’s beautiful! Good luck quilting the quilt that’s pinned. It looks like a beauty too!

Miss Gracie sure knows how to demonstrate “relaxation”! lol

Carol (NJ)

Ric Rac and Polka Dots said...

All I can say is WOW! You really got a lot done. Good for you, and good for you for not spending. Don't worry, I made up your share here at home. I did get the yardwork finished up yesterday, so I'm all ready for old man winter. Can you please tell me what you used for the snowflakes in the Christmas quilt? I am assuming it is a die cut snowflake as it is so intricate. I love it. I'm hoping it is a die I already have, I'm going to look right now! Or else one that I can pick up at the store today because I have some winter themed quilts I am working on! Thanks for sharing,
Hugs,
Julie

julierose said...

I am new to your site (from notjustnat's blog list) I just love your work--that door hanging is so lovely--Thanks for sharing Julierose