document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Friday, July 6, 2012

HERESSSSSSSS!!!!!

Some of today's work----
I have two Dresden plates all appliqued to the white background--
All 6 of these Christmas blocks are now sewed together into blocks--
And I thought I had it all figured out as to how I wanted to finish this top--
wrong--forgot these have to be set on point--
so--
Here is kinda where I am with it--
though I do know --I think--how I am going to finish it now--
time will tell!!!!!!

and now presenting another finished Shawl--
that I got knitted and blocked--
This one is called "Skywalker" by Laura Nelkins--
and I used a silk and camel spin yarn--sooooo soft!!!!

And now for a story--
Our housekeeper is Melinda--
last night when I went out to water my flower garden the garden hose nearest my garden was turned off--so this morning I found Melinda and asked her if she would turn it on for me--
now she doesn't normally do this, John,( the mt guy) does--but John left yesterday to go to Cape Cod for a week--so---
the knob was sooo tight that Melinda had to use a wrench to loosen it--
and when she did--She got a nice shower!!!!!
 Where the hose comes out of the wall--is broken--so she had to retighten the turn on valve--
then I go across the parking lot to the other hose--
that one is on---but it is not long enough to reach my garden--
there is 3 small flower gardens that are drying up cause nobody will water them--
so as I had the hose unrolled I said I would do them--
somehow in the process, though, I must of tugged too hard on the hose and it broke off--
here where the black hose it and the hose came off--
and there was the water spraying everywhere, but on the gardens--
and in the process of running to get Melinda to shut that one off--
I managed to get a shower!!!!!
Sooooooo--
this is how I had to water my poor lovely garden tonight--
the old fashioned way---watering can by watering can--
and the poor flowers where in need of a drink--
and they are soo pretty right now--
and are doing a great job of flowering for me--
so -- I did carry some out to them!!!!
aren't I good soul??????

Be good--stay cool or warm were ever you are!!!
but most of all--keep stitching!!!!!!!!!!
Hugs, Di and her cool cat---

3 comments:

Raewyn said...

Oh dear with the watering, Di. Those plants sure would have been happy when you finally got to them. I see you've been busy as usual - your projects are all so lovely = great you finished the shawl and your dresdans and Christmas quilt are making good progress :-)

Merilyn said...

Your shawl turned out just beautifully, I love the lacey pattern, well done!!! The little dresdens are so sweet too, as are your Christmas blocks!!! Good luck with your future watering chores LOL!!!! At least a little spray of water on a hot day would have been a nice relief for you and the garden!!!

Alice said...

All of your projects are looking good!!! Hope they weren't as hard to do as the watering was. Stay cool up there!!!
L,A-