document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Monday, March 6, 2017

SUNDAY--AT THE RACES--

Wellll--while watching the race--
I got 2 more quilts basted--
Both older ufo's--
I do enjoy the basting part as it gives me time to study the work I did on a quilt--
cause as with these--it had been awhile (a long time really) since I have had them out
and looked at them--
sometimes it 'amazes' me at the amount of work that went into each block!!!!
this morning I made the bindings for them--
and I have a bag of buttons that go on the snowman quilt--
each set is on a safety pin--only problem is--
I have no idea which block each one will go on!!!
and have no idea if I still have the pattern to go with it--
( and whether they were part of the plan--or something I planned!!??)
so when it becomes 'button-time' it might be a bit crazy!!!!
I now put these binding in small plastic bags and add the name of the quilt they go with--

And I have another finish--
my wool mat is done--
and I have started the last wool prepped piece that I had in the box when I moved down---
it is a large one--with a lot of work in it too--so it will be awhile before that one is  a finish---

today I have gotten a good start on the St Patty's day door hanging--
and will be returning to that to finish up the applique once done here--

we have had really strong winds here for 4 days now--too strong to go and do much--
outside--
did go to breakfast with a neighbor yesterday morning and then we stopped at a grocery store on the way home--
then I carted my sewing downstairs and watched a very 'boring' race!!!
oh well--that is the way it is some weeks--but I did accomplish getting the quilts basted--
so that was good--right???

       ENJOY THE MOMENTS, DI

4 comments:

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

I have some UFO"s that I need to finish! In fact, I'm smiling because one of them is that same daisy mat. I had the kit for years. Last year I pulled it out and got all of the flowers stitched, but haven't gotten to the stems. Actually, I think my patter just has a twining vine. I like your stems and may change. :)
hugs,
Jann

Alice said...

Well done on the basting. That always feels like a major accomplishment to me. Your mat looks like the cone flowers in my yard. I like it!!
L,A-

Cheryll said...

Working on UFO's is always rewarding isn't it. Nothing like marking a quilt as FiNisHeD~ to make you smile.
Your wool mat is very pretty ...well done.
Thanks for visiting my blog too... xox

Kate said...

Congrats on all the progress on Sunday. Love the wool mat, I have a big weakness for daisies. I will finally get to watch a race this season on Sunday. Between a wedding and helping My Guy with his project, I've not been home to watch. I'm hoping I like the new format.