document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Sunday, July 9, 2017

I HAVE DECLARED---

Declared that Sundays are  for working on--

Christmas projects---
yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And my first project will be using these--
and 'NO' I am not talking about coloring in my Christmas color books!!!

 I picked this project to start with--
I want to learn how to do the coloring they do on these projects--
so I spent today prepping this one--

Of course the first thing I learned was--


I had to wash the fabric--
so I did set about doing that
 and did that in the sink and hung it to dry--
then I had to press it good and trace it--
and I just got that part done--
I also picked out floss--
I have pretty much the whole line of Cosmos embroidery thread--
and they use alot of variegated ones-
but you know me--
I picked out others I think I will like for mine--
we will see--
there is alot of stitching on this--
if I work on steady--
I might--just might get it done in time for Christmas!!!!!
          ENJOY THE MOMENTS-DI

PS--WHO WOULD LIKE TO JOIN ME ON SUNDAY'S WITH CHRISTMAS PROJECTS???

9 comments:

Kate said...

Looks like lots of fun! Good luck with your Christmas project Sunday's. I long ago gave up planning to make Christmas projects, it's just too stressful.

Alice said...

That is going to be super cute! Are there more in the collection or just the one? For the next couple of months Sundays will be my only sewing days, so hopefully there will be Christmas presents popping out.
L,A-

Linda in Calif. said...

I've never seen this type of coloring/stitching before. Looks really nice - and fun.

sunny said...

Good for you! I've only colored one project before, and it wasn't a huge success. But I will try again. I didn't realize you had to wash the fabric first, so maybe that was my problem??

Raewyn said...

A good idea to have a set day each week for doing Christmas sewing....maybe something like that would help me!! This looks like an interesting and gorgeous project Di - hope you have fun with it!

Karen said...

I need to get on your Christmas list!

KaHolly said...

Hats a great idea! I should do the same!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

This sounds like such fun! I'm not quite ready to do this but I'm close. I have my work surfaces covered in books and paper right now! But it's to hot to do anything else, isn't it? Hugs!

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

I like the idea of Sundays are for Christmas projects. I'll have to think if I can squeeze a little more time out of Sundays.